But then I started wondering if this is just my own personal perception or something more tangible, something that could actually be measured. Of course the simple fact that I'm even interested in measuring this in the first place should say enough, because my wife would no sooner be concerned about measuring this than whether or not there's enough oil in the lawnmower. But alas - I still needed cold hard proof.
Then I found this quick quiz which determines if you are more of a "right-brained" or "left-brained" person. I think the results pretty much say it all about us - opposites!
Another validation of our oppositeness is how we see ourselves as "Type A" and "Type B" personalities, her being the "A" and me the "B." Let's check what Wikipedia has to say about this...
- Frequently doing more than one thing at a time
- Urging others to hurry up and finish what they are saying
- Becoming very irritated when traffic is blocked or when you are waiting in line
- Gesturing a lot while talking
- Having a hard time sitting with nothing to do
- Playing to win all the time, even in games with children
- Becoming impatient when watching others carry out a task
- Likelier than a Type A personality to be patient
- Creative and imaginative
- Inclined to self-analyze
Once again we have a BINGO! Indisputable proof that we're different and opposite. And now that I have evidence that supports that, I can claim it as fact - and that makes me happy.
Because the last thing in the world a left-brained type "B" person wants to do is rely on something as unscientific as a 20-year relationship to tell him he's different than his wife. That just wouldn't be logical.
So now I ask you...