In honor of our long weekend, here's 5 quick questions about Labor Day. Quick, because I need to get started NOW!
1. Labor Day weekend traditionally marks the end of summer. What will you miss most about summer?
Summer? We had a summer? What I'll miss most are the long days. I love when it's still light out at 9:30. It's like having another 1/2 day left when you get home from work!
2. What are you most looking forward to this fall?
I live for fall in Minnesota. It's the right kind of crispy and the prettiest kind of color. I'm also looking forward to my kids having a bedtime again.
3. What are your plans for Labor Day weekend?
Nothing at all. Oh, except for the fact that tomorrow I'm going to start sanding the steps to the second floor of my house. Then, I'm going to clean and put away the pool. And on Monday, we're all going to the MN State Fair! But other than that... nothing.
4. Labor Unions were the driving force behind the creation of Labor Day. How else have they impacted your life?
My dad was a Teamster his whole career, so I got to hear about that a lot when I was kid. As an adult, they haven't had much direct impact that I can think of.
5. Natural labor or fully medicated labor?
Well, I guess that would be a better question for my wife. But I'm sure she would tell you that it was her EVERY intention to have a completely natural labor with our first child, until her labor went past the 24 hour mark. Then it was "Give me whatever you've got - I don't care WHAT it is!" There wasn't even a discussion with our other kids.