You KNOW a blogger is too busy when two memes show up within two weeks! But right now I barely have enough time so sleep - which of course only makes it all the more difficult to get my engine started in the morning.
Therefore, this meme I stole from Jennine seems ironically appropriate:
1. What do you typically have for breakfast? And what about on those mornings when you're being bad? I don't eat breakfast. For whatever reason, food doesn't appeal to me in the morning.
However, I do have one vice - I can be easily lured to the dark side by the evil smell of bacon. But as you know, my sweet darling wife *cough* food nazi won't allow it, which only leaves me wanting the delicious crunchy goodness even more. In fact, sometimes I feel just like that poor dog from the Beggin' Strips commercial...
I smell bacon! Bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon bacon! What's in the bag?! I can't read!!!
Don't laugh - I'd probably eat one of those if I found it on the floor.
2. What is your favorite cereal? My favorite cereal is another food I can't eat - Frosted Mini Wheats.
All American, sugar or cinnamon, Frosted Mini Wheats! (sorry, had a flashback there).
One cereal I am allowed to eat however are the Special K low carb 9 gram flakes. Mmmm.
Funny thing though is I've come to enjoy them. Much the same way a prisoner of war comes to enjoy a piece of bread.
3. Do you wait patiently for the cereal prize to tumble out of the box or do you start digging the moment the box is opened? Sorry. Flakes don't come with prizes.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for? When do you actually get out of bed?
My alarm beeps the first time at 5:45 AM. Then I hit it for two 10-minute snooze cycles until I finally flop out of bed at 6:05-ish for our morning walk.
5. Do you have any tips or tricks for saving time or preventing stress in the mornings?
Yes. For preventing stress - go for a one-hour walk alone with your spouse before the kids get up. It's a great way to start your day and a perfect time to "catch up" on the latest gossip and/or horror stories from the kids' teachers.
For saving time - Set all kids' clocks ahead 30 minutes when they're not looking. They'll get up early enough to be on time for breakfast and won't be alert enough to know the difference.
Just don't let them see this tip.