It's a rare quiet weekend and there's not much going on right now, so I thought I'd submit yet another telling meme from the ever popular Get To Know Your Blogger series. This one's called...
1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
Neither. It's how Ziggy-less it is.
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
Strawberry shortcake. I think my mom used to be disappointed in my choice for a birthday cake when I was little because this is the only kind of cake I ever wanted. I think she secretly hoped I would choose chocolate - at least once!
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
I stopped making those flocked pinecone trees in 6th grade. I found out people were using them as kindling. But my wife makes these cool calendars filled in with everyone's birthdays and anniversaries for the entire year, and then creates a picture college of the people associated with each month.
4. What's your favorite holiday - i.e. Christmas?
Probably Thanksgiving. I love the long weekend, the food, the family and the nap. Plus, you don't have to buy anybody anything.
5. Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where?
Nothing on the books yet for this year, but we are getting the itch to head back to Florida in the near future so we're starting to talk about that.
6. What was the best party you've ever been to?
New Year's Eve 1982, on the shore of Iwo Jima. I was playing in a USO tour at the time and the Marines were having a huge party on the beach. We all drank "embalming fluid" (which is a mix of Sake and about 5 other things) and partied all night. Everyone was VERY quiet the next day.
7. If you are married, describe your wedding. If not, what would your ideal wedding be like?
We had a tiny wedding in comparison to many we've attended - only about 50 people. Our criteria for invitation was simple - our guests could only be people we could comfortable say "I love you" to.
We had intended on having an outdoor reception on top of a hill overlooking the beautiful Lake of the Isles in Minneapolis, but instead it poured the entire day of our wedding. So, we simply moved it to the party room of our apartment complex and had a great time all the same. Then, because there was a piano in the room, I ended up playing music for the reception for awhile as well. It was a great day and a great start to a great marriage.
8. What's the most romantic thing that's ever happened to you?
The day after I met my wife, she and I met at a restaurant at "The Landing" in downtown St. Louis for lunch. But instead of eating our lunch, we just sat there and stared at each other. Eventually the waitress came over and asked us if there was anything wrong with our food. We just laughed and told her everything was perfect.
9. What's your favorite romantic song?
James Taylor - You've Got a Friend. The first love song I ever sang to my wife.
10. Favorite heartbreak song?
Phil Collins - If Leaving Me Is Easy. The song I wore out the first time I was dumped.
11. Which celebrity would you like a dream date with?
Forget celebrity, I'd just like a dream date with my wife! That would include anything that contains the words: hotel, warm, beach, and no kids.
12. Which female celebrity do you find beautiful?
Jessica Alba. I refuse to elaborate on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.
13. Which male celebrity do you think is attractive?
Oh for pete's sake - do I HAVE to answer all of these? Ok... uh, George Clooney has an "interesting" look to him.
Er, let's just say the he ages gracefully.
14. Describe the kind of underwear you normally wear.
I think this question will be more interesting for the ladies. But for me... sorry nothing exciting here, just plain old everyday tighty-whities. One big milestone though - I've finally gotten to the point where my mom isn't buying them for me anymore!
15. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
The Office. Totally the funniest thing I've had the chance to see these days.
16. Which character would you like to be?
Jim Halpert. He's my kinda snarky.
17. What are your favorite boy and girl names?
I'm pretty sure expecting parents are the only people who think about baby names, and I am sooo far beyond being a new parent that I can't even comprehend this question.
18. What's your supermarket of choice?
Any place where I know where the food is. I hate going to new grocery stores and having to wander around looking for everything. This makes an already painful experience last at least twice as long.
19. What is your best character trait?
Probably that I rarely get upset about anything. Uh, except new grocery stores apparently.
20. What is your worst habit?
Well, it used to be my public gum-chomping, but now I've scaled that back to just private gum-chomping. But it's probably still my worst habit.