Now that the cat's out of the blogbag so to speak regarding my co-workers, I thought it would be ok to share a little personal office humor - if you can call it that.
I read somewhere that if you work full time you will spend 40% of your awake hours with your co-workers. That's a LOT of time - especially if you've worked with the same group of people for over 10 years like I have.
That's also a lot of "inside" information that your not-at-work family and friends know nothing about. You know what I mean... the stupid things that only make sense to you and your co-workers, but to nobody else in the world.
However, what's even stupider - is when you list these things out of context to people who have no idea what you're talking about. Like you.
For instance, at my office...
- I am afraid of large butterflies
- If I wear pink glasses I can't read things highlighted in pink highlighter
- Magazines don't make good flyswatters - especially if the fly is in the blinds
- I'm known as "Heifer"
- I'm also know as "B1" (from Bananas in Pajamas)
- If I seem crabby for any reason - it means my feet are sweaty
- If I installed an appliance at home - it means I probably "got lucky" with my wife as well
- My poor attitude about the lottery is the only reason we've never won
- I ♥ guys named Dick
In the meantime, how about leaving me one of your stupid inside jokes that won't make sense to the rest of us?
And I'm a sucker for nonsense, so please - the stupider the better!