There's a fun new fad going around right now where you ask someone to interview you and they send you 5 questions to answer. Then, after you post your answers, your readers get to ask you to interview them and they answer your questions - and on and on.
I jumped in when Karl posted his interview that he got from Hilly who got hers from some guy in Seattle, but then that's really none of our business now is it. Anyway, he sent me these five questions. Thanks Karl!
Follow the instructions at the end if you would like to play with me.
Er, you know what I mean.
1. What is the most outrageous story you can recall regarding your courier days?
Don't know about "outrageous" so much but I did get to deliver to some pretty cool places. For example, the entrance to the Federal Reserve Building is right in the middle of downtown Minneapolis, yet it has a door that's hidden from the street. Once you enter through a concrete tunnel there are a series of automatic doors that open up to let you in. It's just like the beginning sequence of Get Smart!
2. What are the worst things about having a child that drives?
Believe it or not, at first it was the fact that he drove too slow. Then he tended to hug the right shoulder because he was nervous about oncoming traffic. Then he lost his wallet - TWICE - and we never found the right time to get him back to the DMV to reapply for a new one. Then we took it away because his grades were slipping. So essentially your question doesn't apply to him since he currently doesn't drive at all.
3. Where would you most like to travel?
For some reason I have a strong desire to travel to Scandinavia - probably because of my ancestry. But I think the fjords would be gorgeous and the rich Nordic history would be amazing to learn about.
4. What shows on TV are you embarrassed to admit you watch?
Embarrassed in an understatement for the fact that I often watch CSI Miami. But only because of the entertainment value of being able to make fun of it during the whole show. I think a very successful drinking game could center around how many times Horatio said the word "Eric."
5. Describe the condition of your garage.
That's a better question than you know. Physically, my garage is falling apart. For some stupid reason, the person who built it didn't put a row of cinder blocks down first, so my walls are attached to the footer at ground level and have been wicking up moisture for years now. The bottom 18" or so of my garage is literally rotting away. Emotionally, my garage is a mess.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE INTERVIEW MEME
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.