Well, here it is October 26 - the official 2-year anniversary of View From The Cloud!
I would like to do something a little different here today. Rather than regale you with the usual knee-slapping, spit-your-coffee-on-your-screen, Pulitzer Prize-worthy post you're accustomed to, I am instead going to take a more bromidic approach and offer this as a heartfelt tribute and thanks to YOU, my faithful readers and commenters.
Today I would like to recognize all of you for hanging around with me for 2 years - and share some current facts about this blog, which of course will go nicely with my desire to make this post unfunny. Because as I'm sure you're all aware, one of the quickest ways to reduce the humor level in any writing is to cite statistics. This approach also works well in other areas too. For example, if you're interested in reducing the romantic atmosphere in your bedroom you can always cool the mood by referencing something like... "Honey, did you know that the average length of time a love making session lasts is only..."
You get the picture.
So what I'm going to do here today is share a couple of lists that are basically broken down into 2 categories:
1. An acknowledgment of my top 20 commenters since the beginning of this year.
[I would have measured it from when I started this blog two years ago, but when Blogger switched over to "new" Blogger last year, many of the previous commenters names got converted over to "anonymous" and I couldn't tell who many of them were. However, by 2007 everyone was on the same platform so I am now able to count them.]
2. An alphabetical list of anyone who has left 5 or more comments here at any time.
I know, you don't have to remind me how anal this approach is. But after all this IS what I do for a living and pretty much what I do best - sort through data and compile it into meaningful lists that is. If nothing else Yellojkt should appreciate this.
Really though, I do want to thank each and every one of you listed below, as well as the dozens of other people who also read my humble little view from St. Cloud on a daily basis but prefer to stay in the background. I love all of you too.
But first, here are a few facts I've gathered about the state of my blog:
- Since I started View From The Cloud, I've had 62 different people leave 5 or more comments.
- Since the beginning of this year alone I've made 32 new friends!
- As near as I can tell, I'm regularly visited by 11 different countries from 5 different continents.
- Thanks to you, I have evolved into a Slithering Reptile in the TTLB Ecosystem (this is actually a much higher honor than it sounds).
- I am linked by over 70 other blogs or web sites.
- I am ranked in the top 143,000 blogs on Technorati. I know, that might not sound too impressive initially - but don't forget there are over 70 million blogs operating at any given time. Ok, now you can be impressed.
2. Carla from Blah Blah Blog-o-licious
3. Bill - My Dad (no blog)
4. Linda from Letters From Third Grade
5. Amy from Mooselet Musings
6. Suzie from A Big Dooz
7. Yellojkt from Foma*
8. Betty from W.A.Y.A. - Bit of This and That
9. Deborah from Weathering Migraine Storms
10. Sandy from Sandy and Kurt
11. Rick - My brother (no blog)
12. Gale from This Was Me
13. Mom - My mom (no blog)
14. Diesel from Mattress Police
15. Jenny from The Bloggess and Mama Drama
16. Ashley from One Tall Momma
17. Emma from Emma Sometimes
18. Mitch from Mitch McDad's World
19. Neva (aka Snuppy or Crazy Aunt Bea) from Central Snark
20. Dan from All That Comes With It
My friends since the beginning
Amy from Mooselet Musings
Ashley from One Tall Momma
Betty from W.A.Y.A. - Bit of This and That
Bill - My dad (no blog)
Brandon - My son from Format C:
Carla from Blah Blah Blog-o-licious
Charli - My wife (no blog)
Cindy - My sister (no blog)
Cleo from Random Musings by Cleo
Dave from Blogography
Deborah from Weathering Migraine Storms
Emma from Emma Sometimes
Funkster - My cousin (no blog)
Heather from Cool Zebras
JD from In The Weeds
Jennine from Heelprints in the Sand
Jenny from SchnozzFest
Jenny from The Bloggess and Mama Drama
Jess from Driving Sideways
Kal from Kal's World
Kelty Bug from Chaos and Order, My life is an Oxymoron!
Linda from Letters From Third Grade
Mike - My brother (no blog)
Mom - My mom (no blog)
Paul from Bugwit
Pauly D from Words For My Enjoyment
Rick - My brother (no blog)
Sandy from Sandy and Kurt
Wendy from Fire on the Poop Deck and now here too.
Yellojkt from Foma*
Diesel from Mattress Police
Elizabeth from The Mia Storey
Gale from This Was Me
Karl from Secondhand Tryptophan
Mitch from Mitch McDad's World
Tim from LA Daddy
Suzie from A Big Dooz
Wickwire from Weird Side of Wickwire
Chase from Taste The World
Dan from All That Comes With It
Hilly from Snakie's World
Laurence from Bee Happy
Neva from Central Snark
Stephanie from Mama Drama
Stepping from Stepping Over The Junk
Whit from Honea Express
Gary from Jerry Chicken
Travis from The Holmes
Jarkko from Jarkko Lane
Julie from Julie Pippert: Using My Words
Rebecca from Fourier Analyst
VE from VE's Fantastical Nonsense
Andi from Poot and Cubby
Bradley from The Egel Nest
Deb from Deb Hobo Dot Com
Funspirit from Funspirit
Half Mexican Mama from Half Mexican Mama
Impetua from Infantile Paralysis, or New Motherhood Gone Bad
Kathy from The Junk Drawer
Scarlet from Another Day in Paradise
So there you have it - all my peeps that I know of. PLEASE let me know if I've accidentally left you off and I'll add you immediately.
What started off as a whim 2 years ago has now become an important part of my life today. And all because of you, I'm sure I'll be right back here again this time next year, which leads me right back around to why I wrote this post in the first place - to share with you, acknowledge you, and most of all...