Every year around this time you'll start to see and hear the media do the same thing - recap the previous year with a "best of" series of some sort, and bloggers are no different.
As a blogger, I've had a wonderful year. I've "met" a TON of new friends, read some amazing blogs and (hopefully) wrote a few entertaining pieces myself. Of course humor is subjective so I can only speak for myself, but I did write a few posts this year that I'm happy with and I think worth a chuckle.
So, I thought it would be fun - not unique - but fun to list my favorite pieces from 2007. And, seeing as how I have several new readers who may not have read these either, this might be a good chance to introduce my work to them as well.
Therefore, in chronological order, here's what I'll call my top 10 favorite posts from 2007:
1. Fun With Translation - Find out what a Dutch writer had to say about my blog - AFTER I translated and reinterpreted it.
2. A Parent's Guide to Conferences - Experience a joyous night with my wife and I as we attend our teenagers' high school conferences. Not.
3. Poop - with Class - Apparently nothing is sacred as Oprah and Dr. Oz delve into the details of the wonderful world of... you guessed it... POOP!
4. The Price of Fame - Hollywood celebrities aren't the only ones hounded by fans. See how I have to deal with a becoming a local celebrity... IN THE MEN'S ROOM!
5. Mission: Melon - Retuning a gaggle of unwanted watermelons is not as easy as it sounds!
6. :Advertisement: - See an ad for a new product you will NOT want to do without.
7. My Stance on Larry Craig - In my first foray into investigative journalism, I uncover the smoking gun that will surely get Larry caught with his pants down.
8. Lord of the Fudge - What I thought was a tasty treat was more than I bargained for.
9 . Ten Questions with Jeff - Who would be weird enough to interview himself? Um, yeah - that would be me.
10. Silence is Golden and Noises Support Group Minutes - This is a 2-fer from when Kathy and I teamed up to reveal annoying noises that apparently struck a nerve with MANY more people than us.
So there you have it, my favorite stories of '07.
AND, as an added confirmation that I must be doing something right, my new friend DrowseyMonkey just sent me this awesome "Cool and Crazy" blog award. This award comes attached with these flattering accolades:
"It is intended to be a sign that says: this blog is cool & crazy, and the blog owner is not afraid to admit it. They are running their blogs to be a true reflection of their own personality and they stick to it. They are providing an atmosphere that makes their visitors feel welcome as members of their blogs’ community. They manage to use the right tone of voice, write about an inspiring choice of subjects and treat their visitors and their fellow bloggers as friends. And they all do that without taking themselves or their blogs too serious, in spite of all the time and the crazy hard work they put into it.”
Thanks DrowseyMonkey! I'll hang it right here along with my other award on my wall of honor!
SO - If I don't see you before then...