I was tagged by Drowsey Monkey recently to participate in a meme that's been around in one form or another for quite a while now - write 8 random things about yourself.
Over the last 2 1/2 years I've done variations on this theme... unimportant things, weird things, smelly things - so it's quite likely you may have seen some of these answers before. But hey, what can I say - there's a limit to the number of interesting things about me. Who knew?
These 8 things tend to lean more to the "odd" category than "random," but that's what I feel like writing about today.
1. I can't use an extension cord if there's a knot in it
For reals. No matter how long the cord, no matter how messed up it is or how simple the knot is, I have to untangle it before I can plug it in.
2. Given a full plate of food, I'll always eat my veggies first
I think I just like to get them out of the way.
3. If I'm holding a clothes pin, I'll clip it to various parts of my head - such as my ears, my eyebrows or my chin
Must have something to do with tactile stimulation, but I actually enjoy the feeling of having a clothes pin clipped to my skin. This is probably the single thing that freaks my wife out the most.
4. I have 2 piercings in my left ear
Leftover from the 80's. The holes are still open and occasionally I'll put a small diamond stud in the bottom one when I'm doing a gig. I would have thought that the holes would have closed up after all these years but they really haven't. A good thing to remind your kids before they decide it's cool to put holes all over their faces.
5. I love braunschweiger and pickle sandwiches
Mmmm. Nothing says delicious like liverwurst!
6. The blinker in my car is a metronome to me
When sitting at an intersection with my blinker on, I HAVE to bang out a counter-rhythm on the steering wheel to the steady beat of the blinker. It's not optional.
7. According to my wife, my legs run like a dog when I'm sleeping
Hmmm, RLS or leftover habits from my previous life as a Labrador retriever?
8. I don't eat for the first time every day until noon
I'm just not hungry when I wake up in the morning. But once I get to the office, I have a cup of coffee first thing, followed by another one at 11:00. You could set your watch by it.
Feel free to post your own version of this one if you want. I'm not much of a tagger so if you want it... it's yours!