One of my bestest blogger friends, Jess - from Riley's Ramblings - just tagged me for a meme where I'm supposed to list Six Unimportant Things about myself.
First of all, let me just say that I'd be hardpressed to find any unimportant things about myself - let alone six. But I'll give it my best shot.
But only because I adore Jess and she totally cracks me up. In fact, I am so infatuated with her writing that I preordered her new novel Driving Sideways 6 full months before it was even due to be released. Now it's FINALLY going to be published on May 20th.
All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT FRIGGEN TIME! (tap tap tap)
Anyway, if you haven't met Jess yet go here now. You'll be glad you did.
And now on to the memege.
1. I've worked in this same office with these same 4 people for 12 years now.
We've had others come and go, but these folks have been here with me since day 1 and are like my 2nd family. I've never worked at a place where everyone gets along as well as we do. It sounds corny, but they actually make it fun to go to work everyday. Now that I think about it, I suppose that's probably not so unimportant after all.
One thing you should know though, this cleaning woman got it all wrong. You can tell that by the evidence of the Windex we keep at the ready. Of course that's the same bottle we bought 12 years ago, but still.
2. I drive a 17 year-old Geo Prism back and forth to work every day.
The problem is, even at 115,000 miles, the damn thing still runs perfectly, AND gets over 30 mpg. And because I won't replace it until it dies a natural death, I'm likely to still be driving this old shoebox for another 17 years. But when I do finally need to replace it, I'll have all this excellent advice from you guys. Thanks everyone!
3. I eat a bowl of this cereal with no added sugar every night before bed. It satisfies my munchie craving and isn't as bad as the crap I would be ingesting if I wasn't interested in living past 50.
Hmm, maybe this entry doesn't fit this meme. I mean come on... Special K? It doesn't get any more important than that.
4. I set my cellphone ringtone to sound like an old fashioned regular telephone. In a world where everyone else's phones are playing Broadway musicals and hip hop diatribes, my ordinary ringtone has actually become a novelty.
5. Whereas most normal people have fun music stations tuned in on their radios, I only listen to public radio. This severely limits my "hipness" factor in that I haven't heard any new music in like 10 years. People often think just because I'm a musician, they can come to me for advice on who's hot in the music industry. They're wrong.
6. My reputation in Great Briton is mud because of this man. First he falsely accused me of stealing Huddersfield's mutant duck, and now he's accusing me of having a tawdry extramarital affair based off of an innocent picture taken totally out of context.
Normally this would be deemed very important news, but because it's all based off a bunch of lies, I'm going to shut down this rumor mill right here and now - and claim it UNIMPORTANT!