Yes, the title is true.
Unfortunately I was passed over for the job I wanted, but all is well. There are other fish in the sea and I already have more applications submitted.
The good news is, I've learned from this experience. For example, not getting this job has caused me to reflect on what may have gone wrong - and I think I have captured some important key points.
So, here then are the...
2. HR director probably didn't think the $100 I put in her thank-you note was enough
3. Got caught omitting the fact that I'm 1/8 Polish
4. $500,000 was too high for desired starting salary
5. Background check revealed my felony conviction for dog fighting
6. Putting "more than enough" under EDUCATION didn't impress them
7. Not wearing pants to the interview was not viewed as "self confident"
8. Probably shouldn't have written my resume on a bar napkin
9. Hiring manager felt her personal space was violated by my habit of talking within 4" of your face
10. I used VE as a reference